L3 Unidyne’s Norfolk Facility
Our 30,000-square-foot production facility provides environmentally controlled spaces allocated to manufacturing, assembly and test functions. Additionally, we have 18,000 square feet of exterior secured fenced storage area.
The facility includes:
- An extensive machine shop with CNC machining centers
- Welding and pipefitting shop using SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, FCAW, MIG, and TIG processes on HY80, HY100, HSS, OSS, and CRES employing laser, plasma, and oxyacetylene cutting
- Sheet metal shop for fabrication of cabinets, lockers, and operator panels
- Paint and metal treatment shop for mil-spec coating, marking, and finishing
- Assembly and wire harnessing
All welding procedures comply with NAVSEA S9074-AR-GIB-010/278 and standards established by the American Welding Society and the American Bureau of Shipping. All non-destructive testing procedures comply with NAVSEA T9074-AR-GIB-010/271 and MIL-STD-2035 Rev A.
Our production facility is a Lean Enterprise facility certified by the Virginia Applied Technology and Professional Development Center.