About L3Harris Unidyne
L3Harris Unidyne, Inc. is a leader in the alteration design, ship repair, and modernization industry. Our employees provide engineering and technical services, end-to-end design, procurement, fabrication, installation, testing, training, equipment assessments, logistics, repair, depot operation and maintenance of Hull, Mechanical & Electrical (HM&E) and electronic systems aboard submarines, surface ships and at Navy shore facilities.
On January 1, 2017 L3Harris PacOrd was fully integrated into L3Harris Unidyne. This action strengthens and expands Unidyne's capabilities and the services we're able to provide. PacOrd is recognized as a leader in providing electrical/electronic/structural repair, overhaul, installation, maintenance, modernization, testing and integration services to the U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, commercial vessels and shore sites. They bring to Unidyne unique capabilities including waveguide fabrication, installation and testing; alignment services; circuit breaker repair; and field service support for other L3Harris company products. Throughout its 62-year history, PacOrd earned a reputation for providing cost-effective services, technical expertise, exceptional quality, and rapid response to customer needs.
We provide over 720 experienced field engineers, Navy-trained technicians and tradespeople in a wide range of maritime industrial trades and specialized facilities that include:
- Circuit breaker repair depot
- Machine shops with computer numerically controlled machining stations
- Electronic component design, fabrication and testing facility
- Injection molding facility
- Mechanical production facilities
- Warehouses and staging areas
- Document storage and equipment warehousing
Major areas of expertise include:
- Modernization of U.S. Navy ships and submarines by Alteration Installation Teams (AIT) operating worldwide.
- Modernization of U.S. Army watercraft
- Support for the Battle Force Tactical Trainer In-Service Engineering Agent (ISEA)
Examples of programs supported by L3Harris Unidyne are:
- Engineering and Technical Support for Submarine C4I and HM&E systems for the Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center
- Operation of the Naval Array Technical Support Center in Newport, RI.
- Execution of the Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) of the Navy's fleet of air cushioned landing craft (LCAC) at Camp Pendleton, CA and Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story in Virginia Beach, VA.
Our Quality Management System is ISO 9001:2008 registered for the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, and repair of electronic and mechanical systems for maritime and shore based applications, both on and off site.